What is this course about?
In this online course, "Relations and Functions 1", you will learn what relations and functions are. You will discover the difference between them and how to graph relations and functions.
What do you learn in this course?
- You will be able to understand the basic concept of relations, building directly on the set concept.
- You will realise that you have often come across relations: They are ubiquitous in mathematics and information technology.
- You will be able to define the term "real function" and you are able to connect numerous of their properties such as symmetry, periodicity, etc. with descriptive representations.
- You will have gained a clear idea of limit value generation and will master computing techniques for specific calculation of limit values of numerical sequences as well as functions.
- You will be able to explain the important significant properties of straight lines, parabolas, hyperbolas and you are able to connect the corresponding functional equations to the descriptive concepts of the related curve progression. Moreover, you will be able to derive the related linear equation from the specified properties of a straight line.
How is the course structured?
- Fundamentals of Real Functions
- Limits and Continuity
- Selected Elementary Functions