What is this course about?
By now, the use of digital content informs all aspects of everyday life. Thanks to smartphones, laptops and computers, we can be reached at any time. Nevertheless, many functions are only known rudimentarily.
This course wants to teach you, the participants, basic knowledge of current operating systems, of how to work with a file system using the Windows systems as an example, and of how to exchange files and edit them collaboratively.
During this seven-week course, various possibilities for creating and exchanging files will be presented. Different learning techniques will be used:
Through screencasts and screenshots with quizzes, we will present information via interactive content.
You will get the chance to link up with other participants, discuss the content and work up ideas together.
Finally, interactive questions will help you check your learning progress.
What do you learn in this course?
After completing this course you will be able to:
- reflect upon the scope of digital literacy relevant for successful studies
- name and describe different operating systems (e.g. MAC vs. Microsoft)
- name different Internet browsers and choose a browser that best caters your needs
- use your browsers effectively (organizing bookmarks, saving passwords, adapt settings to your needs)
- explain the differences between data formats (pdf, jpg, gif, tiff)
- create a folder and data-system in order to manage and store your data
- choose from different programs (MS Office, Google Docs) in order to act upon your goals
- create digital products like emails, documents and slides / presentations
- select from different ways to transfer data from A to B (Appendix in Email, Dropbox, Wetransfer)
How is the course structured?
The individual chapters of the course will be published on the following dates
- Welcome and Introduction (February 04, 2019)
- Operating Systems (February 11, 2019)
- File Storage (February 18, 2019)
- Browser (February 25, 2019)
- Emails and Web Interfaces (March 4, 2019)
- Google Tools (March 11, 2019)
- Clouds (March 18, 2019)
This course will stay open for participation and enrollment after the tutored time!
knackig und sehr kurzweilig
Good to follow. Diverse and uptodate.